Your Space Your Mind
3 Incredibly Easy Tips to Clear Your Space and Mind
What are a few steps that YOU can take this very minute to start clearing up some space physically and emotionally around us?
As professionals we all take pride in what we do but at times the day’s activities lead us to ignore the space around us. Things that take up space have a huge affect on how we see our surroundings. I am all about taking a step back before proceeding forward because it’s all about making space for what is to come and we can’t do that if that space is already occupied with something that no-longer serves a purpose.
I LOVE to read; I can’t emphasize that enough! I just finished “One small step can change your life” by Robert Maurer. It fit’s right into my way of thinking. One small movement such as a rock being thrown into water can create a ripple effect. That is exactly the picture I have in my mind when I take a small step towards my ultimate goal.
Kaizen is an ancient philosophy captured in these definitions:
*using very small steps to improve a habit, a process, or product
*using very small moments to inspire new products and inventions
The key takeaway is that our living and work space is important. It is an extension of us so it is time to begin treating it with loving care.
This philosophy applies to everyone! It maybe the one thing that is holding you back from moving forward. Now make a list of 3 small steps, I have listed a few below to give you an idea:
- Donate one piece of clothing from your closet a day that you no-longer fit or wear
- Clean one area of a room
- Take 5 minutes to recycle old paperwork that you no-longer need
- Take 5 minutes to clean your makeup bag
- Make a list of bills you pay every month
- Look at the list of bills you pay every month and see where you can cut a $5 dollar cost
- Meditate for just one minute
- Say a loving thought to one of your body parts
- Floss just one tooth a day and increase until you floss every tooth everyday
- Watch TV for one minute less than you normally would
The list above might look easy for some and daunting for others. We leave you with one great quote………
“I long to accomplish a great and noble task but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble” – Helen Keller