The best time to sell a house differs with every situation. We all live different lives and your circumstances will dictate your decisions. Your realtors job is to guide you to make an informed decisions.
- Spring: Typically in the spring there are a large number of buyers but there are also a large number of sellers too. Buyers are comprised of couples and families looking for their first home or a larger one.
- Summer: Summer is filled with families looking to find a place to live before school starts. Many of these families are new to the area.
- Fall: Fall is filled with empty nesters and snowbirds looking to move into a smaller home or relocate to a warmer climate.
- Winter: Winter offers fewer buyers but many times a very small selection of housing options. These buyers are often people that are new to the area and need a place to live quickly.
Your realtor will be able to inform you of the market activity and guide you through listing your house at the right time for you!
- Lawyer or Notary Fees and Expenses such as attending to execution documents.
- Costs of clearing title, including investigating title, discharge fees charged by encumbrance holders, and prepayment penalties.
- Goods and Service Tax (if applicable).
- A home inspection to identify any repairs that need to be addressed prior to a sale is completed
- Costs of advertising and marketing your home if not using a realtor
- Time to co-ordinate showings and negotiate a sale if not using a realtor
- Real Estate Commission (plus GST) for hiring a professional realtor
- Market Conditions
Let's see some number's so that you can get a better understanding of how you can begin to put a budget together!